Archery And Crossbow Deer Hunting Seasons Open This Saturday
Thursday, September 15th, 2022 -- 9:08 AM
MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) reminds deer hunters that their first opportunity to pursue deer this fall is coming up with the opening of the archery and crossbow deer season on Saturday, Sept. 17. The archery and crossbow season runs through Jan. 8, 2023.
The DNR reminds all outdoor enthusiasts that safety is part of the fun, and urges hunters to review these four rules of safety (TAB-K) before enjoying the season:
- Treat every bow/crossbow as if it were loaded.
- Always point the bow/crossbow in a safe direction.
- Be certain of your target as well as what is before and beyond it.
- Keep your finger outside the crossbow trigger guard or archery release until ready to shoot.
- Tree stand safety is also a key consideration throughout all the deer hunting seasons. Tree stand incidents are a leading cause of injury to hunters. Always wear a safety harness, use three points of contact when going into or out of the stand and use a haul line to bring the unloaded bow or crossbow into the stand. Let someone know where you are going and when you expect to return.
- For more information regarding tree stand safety, visit the DNR webpage.
Feel free to contact us with questions and/or comments.