Wausau School District’s Horace Mann Middle School Receives More Threats on Tuesday
Wednesday, December 11th, 2024 -- 12:00 PM
(Mike Leischner, WSAU) Representatives from the Wausau School District say Horace Mann Middle School received more threatening messages on Tuesday.
According to Mike Leischner with WSAU, Communications and Marketing Coordinator Diana White says the school received more than a dozen calls, leading to an increased police presence.
Officers had been on hand for much of the day. None of the calls led to a credible threat and no students or staff have been in danger. In a statement to parents, the district said “we are just as frustrated by these as you are."
"We want you to know that we continue to work very closely with the Wausau Police Department to ensure the safety of your students and our staff. Nothing is more important to us than that.”
The school also received a threat on Monday. District officials add that similar threats have been made at schools across Wisconsin. The Chippewa Falls School District also reported a threat at one of their schools on Monday.
Feel free to contact us with questions and/or comments.