107.5FM WCCN The Rock - The Coolest Station in the Nation
Memories 1370AM 98.5FM
98.7FM / 1450AM WDLB - Timeless Classics
Listen Live: 107.5 THE ROCK92.7 FM
Family owned radio stations serving all of Central Wisconsin

Marshfield Fire Department Releases Cause of Apartment Fire

Friday, February 9th, 2024 -- 2:00 PM


The Marshfield Fire Department released the cause of an apartment fire Monday afternoon.

According to the Department, the cause of the apartment fire was the result of an electrical arc event igniting cellulose insulation in the attic. Around 3:34pm on Monday, they responded with 10 personnel to investigate a small amount of smoke coming from the attic at 103 W. 2nd Street in the City of Marshfield.

Upon arrival crews found light white smoke coming from a roof vent. Crews made entry to the attic to find a light haze of smoke. A smoldering fire was found contained to an isolated area of the cellulose insulation in the attic.

No flames were present throughout the entire incident. The ceiling of apartment 314 was removed to extinguish the smoldering insulation and to check for extension. This area was not accessible from the attic. A tenant in apartment 314 was displaced as a result of the fire.

All other tenants were allowed to return to their apartments. Assistance was provided by Marshfield Police Department. The fire is under investigation. Damage was contained to apartment 314 and the attic directly above.

The majority of the damage was the result of having to remove the ceiling to gain access and remove the smoldering insulation. The fire damage was limited to the area of origin.

No structural damage was present to the building as a result of the fire. There were no injuries. Units were on scene for 3 hours and 23 minutes.

Feel free to contact us with questions and/or comments.