Neillsville School Board Hears Updates on Initiatives
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022 -- 12:01 PM
The Neillsville School Board heard a report on some initiatives.
High School Principal Craig Anderson and High School Counselor Julia Backaus reported on progress made on the Academic and Career Planning, and Redefining Ready initiatives. The Board approved the 2022-2023 school year budget modifications as presented.
Lance Gregorich from CESA 10, and Building and Grounds Director Mark Spencer, presented a building projects update. The Board also approved two early graduation requests.
The Board also approved the Memorandum of Understanding for Randall Ystad as presented, approved the Memorandum of Understanding for Tammy Matson as presented, and approved the Memorandum of Understanding for Dave Matson as presented.
The Board also approved the resignation of Adam Luchterhand from his high school cross-country coaching position as presented, approved the resignation of Mike Gaier from his high school football coaching position as presented, and approved the resignation of Kathy Luchterhand from her high school assistant cross-country coaching position as presented.
The Board also approved the hiring of Jason Kurth for the boys’ C-team basketball coaching position as presented and the hiring of Bryce DeSmet for the assistant baseball coaching position as presented. The Board also approved the initial adoption of Policy KGD as presented.
The Board also heard the Administrators’ Reports. Elementary Principal Marcy Kunze reported on:
- Monthly character trait;
- Elementary student council;
- End of the first quarter celebration;
- Veterans’ Day;
- Department of Corrections Veterans Recognition Ceremony;
- Upcoming events;
- And 2023 Crystal Apple Teacher of Distinction Monika Luebke.
Middle School Principal Kory Poeschel reported on:
- Character trait of the month;
- End of the first quarter;
- Chorus concert;
- Middle school boys’ basketball;
- And dress-up days.
High school Principal Craig Anderson reported on:
- Graduation information;
- 2023 Crystal Apple Teacher of Distinction Julia Backaus;
- Schuster Park decorating;
- Trunk junk clean out program;
- Vocal music department news;
- Agriculture department news;
- Business department news;
- Tech ed department news;
- Youth apprenticeship;
- CTE update;
- And winter sports.
Finally, District Administrator John Gaier reported on:
- The facility planning community survey;
- The recent bomb threat;
- The new district app available for download;
- An error on the district’s state report card;
- November referendum results;
- The latest Communicator newsletter;
- DPI fall student count and revenue limit information;
- The drop in state tax burden;
- District tax levy information;
- And Neillsville Improvement Corporation agenda.
Feel free to contact us with questions and/or comments.