107.5FM WCCN The Rock - The Coolest Station in the Nation
Memories 1370AM 98.5FM
98.7FM / 1450AM WDLB - Timeless Classics
Listen Live: 107.5 THE ROCK92.7 FM
Family owned radio stations serving all of Central Wisconsin

Governor Evers Announces $18 Million in Funding Through Low Income Household Water Assistance Program

Friday, December 24th, 2021 -- 11:00 AM

Gov. Tony Evers announced $18 million in funding is available through the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program to provide water utility assistance to Wisconsin families.

The program was authorized as part of an emergency effort to respond to COVID-19 and marks the first time that these water assistance funds have been made available for Wisconsin residents.

To date, $86,176,302 in benefits have been provided to 20,096 households for rental, utility, and other housing assistance needs through the Wisconsin Emergency Rental Assistance program, and since the start of the heating season in October, the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program has issued benefits to 74,765 households totaling $41,027,864.

The average heating and electric benefits are $392 and $182, respectively. The Wisconsin Department of Administration is working with Energy Services, Inc. for LIHWAP application intake.

Eligibility is based on household income, household size, and the household's water and utility burden. Residents may be eligible if they earn 60 percent of the state median income level or less.

Eligible applicants for LIHWAP first need to apply and qualify for WHEAP. Wisconsin residents interested in applying should call 2-1-1 or 1-800-506-5596. 

Rent and additional utility assistance is also available through the WERA program. The DOA has partnered with Wisconsin Community Action agencies and ESI to accept applications and distribute rental, internet, and utility assistance.

Residents of Brown, Dane, Milwaukee, and Waukesha counties and the cities of Madison and Milwaukee can apply directly to their local government's rental assistance provider. Wisconsin residents who wish to apply should call 2-1-1 or visit the DOA website for more information.

Feel free to contact us with questions and/or comments.