107.5FM WCCN The Rock - The Coolest Station in the Nation
Memories 1370AM 98.5FM
98.7FM / 1450AM WDLB - Timeless Classics
Listen Live: 107.5 THE ROCK92.7 FM
Family owned radio stations serving all of Central Wisconsin

WeEnergies Reminds Hunters To Inspect Heating Systems At Cabins

Friday, November 19th, 2021 -- 6:51 AM

It’s a safety precaution just as important as wearing blaze orange. As one of Wisconsin’s signature traditions returns, We Energies is urging deer hunters to thoroughly inspect their cabin’s heating system before heading into the woods.  

Hunters can take simple steps to avoid a dangerous or even fatal buildup of carbon monoxide. The invisible, odorless gas is created by improper venting or burning of fuel.   To prevent a buildup of carbon monoxide, hunters should:

Install carbon monoxide detectors inside their cabins, or check existing detectors to ensure they are working properly.

Check heating vents, flues and chimneys, and clear them of any animal nests or debris.

Never use a portable electric generator indoors.   Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include:  A sudden flu-like illness,  Dizziness, headaches or sleepiness,  Cherry-red lips and an unusually pale complexion,  Nausea or vomiting,  A fluttering heartbeat,  Unconsciousness

If you suspect you may be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, move into fresh air as quickly as possible and call 911.

Feel free to contact us with questions and/or comments.