107.5FM WCCN The Rock - The Coolest Station in the Nation
Memories 1370AM 98.5FM
98.7FM / 1450AM WDLB - Timeless Classics
Listen Live: 107.5 THE ROCK92.7 FM
Family owned radio stations serving all of Central Wisconsin

Neillsville Fire Department Responds to Grease Fire

Thursday, June 26th, 2014 -- 11:44 AM

-The Neillsville Fire Department responded to a grease fire on Wednesday afternoon.

The department received a call about a structure fire at 509 Oak Street in the City of Neillsville around 6:30pm.

When they arrived, smoke was coming from an upstairs kitchen window. A passerby had apparently used an extinguisher to douse the fire before the department arrived. The Neillsville Fire Department did open up the ceiling to make sure the fire had not extended upwards.

There was no structure damage, only smoke damage to the paint in the kitchen. The fire had started as a grease fire that got on the wall.

The occupants of the home were out when the department arrived, they used no water, there were no injuries and they were only on scene for 25 minutes.

Feel free to contact us with questions and/or comments.