Winter Storm Warning Now In Effect
Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 -- 12:56 PMThe National Weather Service in LaCrosse has now issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow and significant ice accumulation ? the warning is in effect from 7 pm this evening to 7 pm Friday.
* A WINTRY MIX OF FREEZING RAIN...SLEET AND RAIN THIS EVENING
WILL CHANGE OVER TO SNOW LATE TONIGHT INTO FRIDAY.
* SIGNIFICANT ICE ACCUMULATIONS OF 1/4 TO 3/4 INCH LOOKS TO OCCUR
OVERNIGHT ACROSS CENTRAL AND NORTH CENTRAL WISCONSIN. HEAVY
SNOWFALL WILL THEN OCCUR FRIDAY MORNING WHERE 4 TO 7
INCHES...HEAVIEST ACROSS TAYLOR COUNTY.
* WINDS GUSTING FROM 30 TO 40 MPH ARE EXPECTED FRIDAY...COMPLICATING
MATTERS WITH POSSIBLE DAMAGE TO TREES AND POWER LINES.
* PLAN ON SEVERELY IMPACTED TRAVEL DUE TO THE ICE AND SNOW.
AGAIN...THE POTENTIAL ICE ACCUMULATIONS AND THE WEIGHT OF THE
SNOW...COULD LEAD TO BROKEN TREE LIMBS AND POWER OUTAGES...
ESPECIALLY FRIDAY WITH THE HIGHER WIND GUSTS.
* HEAVIEST ICING LOOKS TO OCCUR OVERNIGHT WITH 1/4 INCH TO 3/4
INCH EXPECTED. HEAVY SNOW IS THEN EXPECTED FRIDAY MORNING INTO
FRIDAY AFTERNOON WITH ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 7 INCHES EXPECTED.
* NORTHWEST WINDS FRIDAY AFTERNOON OF 30 TO 40 MPH WILL ALSO CAUSE
AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW AND MAY PRODUCE DAMAGE TO TREES AND POWER
LINES DUE TO THE WEIGHT OF THE ICE AND SNOW.
Feel free to contact us with questions and/or comments.