House Fire in Black River Falls
Thursday, November 14th, 2013 -- 8:53 AM-A home was destroyed by a fire in Black River Falls Wednesday morning.
According to the Black River Falls Fire Department, they were called to the scene of the fire around 7am on Wednesday. The fire happened on Oak Ridge Road in the Town of Manchester at the home of Landon Schultz. 20-25 firefighters were scene to help with the fire and they were there close to four hours.
Schultz was the only person inside when the fire started. There was a cat inside as well and the fire department was able to get the animal out. Schultz said he came home from work at 2AM and started a fire in the wood stove. He then went to bed at about 4AM and awoke to smoke in the home just before the fire department was called.
Smoke alarms were in place but Schultz didn?t recall hearing them. He also reported that he had seen fire in the living room area around the chimney as he evacuated the home. The structure and contents are insured. A damage estimate is not known at this time but both contents and the structure appear to be a total loss.
The American Red Cross is assisting Schultz and there were no reported injuries to any civilians or firefighters.
Feel free to contact us with questions and/or comments.