STRAW POLL OF BOARD MEMBERS FORESHADOWS SOBERING FUTURE
Friday, January 14th, 2011 -- 8:25 am
Posted by Riley Hebert-News Director
The following are the results of an anonymous survey completed by Loyal, Granton and Neillsville school board members Thursday night.
1. Do you believe the Greenwood, Loyal, Neillsville and Granton School districts will all exist:
a. in five years?
b. in 10 years?
c. in 15 years?
2. GRANTON/NEILLSVILLE BOARDS ONLY: Would you support exploration of consolidation between the Neillsville and Granton school districts?
3. Would you support the exploration of the consolidation of all four districts within five years?
4. Would you support the exploration of the consolidation of all four districts in 10-15 years?
5. What do you see as the major hurdle(s) to consolidation? Most common responses were sports, community pride and union negotiations.
6. Do you expect future state funding for education to INCREASE / DECREASE proportional to the cost of operating your school?
7. Assuming you make no cuts to programs, do you expect your school’s local property taxes will INCREASE / DECREASE / STAY ABOUT THE SAME in coming years?
Stay the Same: 1
8. To maintain the current levels of services to your district, will your board have to pass a revenue cap exemption referendum in the next five years?
9. Do you believe declining enrollment is a trend that will CONTINUE, REVERSE, or LEVEL OFF in Clark County?
Level off: 3
VIEW OUR ARCHIVE